About Me

My photo
Tokyo, Japan
In 2011 I graduated with 1st class honours in Creative Writing from Bath Spa University. I lived in China for nearly two and a half years, where I was working as an English teacher. I just moved to Tokyo where I will be spending my time teaching and writing. This blog is about my experiences of TEFL teaching and living abroad.

Tuesday 18 August 2009

A new piece

Hello!
Onwards with the cinematic education : this week it's been 'Witches of Eastwick' (I always thought Cher looked better after the surgery? Anyone agree?) 'Taming of the Shrew' and 'We were soldiers'. The latter has inspired me to start a new short piece, a short story about a combat medic in world war two. I'm having trouble finding somewhere to write to so that I can get it published. Been looking for a sort of war focused magazine but no luck so far. Been doing a lot of research which is good, I'm getting into the habit of researching stuff. Been looking at Normandy and all the statistics of the different beaches, I'm looking in particular at Juno beach on D-Day. I picked Juno beach because it had good stats I could work with for my story line, and also I adore the modern film 'Juno' so that's my little bit of a tribute there :)
I've written about 2/3 of it, maybe more, hopefully finish it off in the next few days and get it typed. Then back to the novels! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment